CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Teeth

haha.. so everyday I volunteer in Mrs. Nilsen's 1st grade class. They have now become my class :) haha.. I feel so possessive of my kids and how they are learning, and I get excited when they succeed, and get bummed out when they miss their math problems. I love Mrs. Nilsen, and she has really taken me under her wing. My grandma Kathy teaches first grade; and Mrs. Nilsen reminds me exactly of my Grandma Kathy. I have just grown to love this teacher.

.. Anyway, so that is a brief history prior to this story. Okay, so I am sitting there correcting homework when little Janna runs up to me and says Kylee, my tooth hurts so bad. I look at her, and that tooth was hanging by a string. Have you ever seen the cartoon movie.. I can't think of which one.. (Shay I know you will know what one I am thinking of) but one of the cartoon characters blows her tooth in and out cause it is so loose?. Pretty sure Janna could be this cartoon character. Haha.. So then I am laughing so hard because Mrs. Nilsen sees, and is just grabbing her stomach and saying "Janna, your going to have to wait until you get home to make that tooth feel better. You know how I can't handle loose teeth." I thought she was just kidding at first, but she was serious. I guess she gets so queezy at loose teeth. She told me that when her kids were little she would send them over to the neighbors house to have the neighbor pull the teeth because she couldn't handle it. So I was just in histarics laughing at Mrs. Nilsen's reaction. Anyway, So I said, "Janna, come here and let me have a look" So she did, and I said, "try to pull it out". She tried. It didn't come out. So I said okay, hand me a tissue. I was handed a tissue. And now for my moment of glory! Out pops the tooth! And Janna is just yelling, I can't tell from the pain or if it was more of a victory yell.. like an Oh ya! I just lost my tooth! Anyway, we got a tooth necklace from the office for her. And she did a show and tell, and told the whole class how "Teacher Kylee" pulled out her tooth for her. Wow, I felt like a Star! :) haha.. what a fun day in the first grade! I am so stoked to be a teacher!

2 comments:

Heather said...

how funny! That is so cute. I cant believe that Mrs. Nilsen spells her name just like we do :)

Taylor's mom said...

You're going to be a great teacher. If you can handle teeth pulling, you can handle anything!