CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

And yet.. another popcorn incident.

So, I was telling my friend Nate this story last night, and the first thing he said to me was "oh no ky, not another popcorn story.. you need to stay away from popcorn" haha..

Okay, so this story starts out with me getting this grand idea to pop popcorn on the stove.. because it would be so cool to live like the old fashioned people lived.. I soon came to find out why they invented pop corn poppers, and why you should just go the easy route and use the popcorn popper instead of the stove.. so now that we understand this, I will continue with the story..

Okay, so I put the pop corn seeds in the pan with some butter, and I get my roomates big see through glass plate to put over the top of the pan so that I could see the popcorn seeds through it.. I know smart of me right :) So then, my roomate comes in and says "Ky, please don't use that plate, that one is my favorite, and i don't want it to break." So I smile at her, and I said "Em, don't worry, I have done this before, and I have used your plate before, it won't break.." So, I continue on this grand adventure of making popcorn.. I am so cool right? :) anyway, so my whole pan starts smoking, I guess there wasn't enough butter in the bottom or something.. so I start shakin the pan, and sure enough the popcorn starts popping! Whoot! genius.. and I was so excited it actually worked! So then it didn't pop at a steady pace so the popcorn turned into this fantastic black color, and it smelt divine too.. :) so I quickly remove the pan from the stove along with the smoking popcorn.. I grab my hot pad, remove the plate, and put it under water to wash it.. and all of the sudden this plate just cracks! I just stared at it in utter disbelief. I was just thinking to myself.. how did this happen.. anyway I ran and hid the plate under my bed, so that my roomate wouldn't see. I felt like I was five when you would break something or do something and you would do anything so that your mom wouldn't find out.. haha.. anyway, I was in sure high hopes that I would be able to find a new plate. Um, I was wrong.. wasn't able to find one.. so after a restless sleep of glass plates coming to get me in my dreams, I confessed today to my roomate.. and the only thing she said to me was "Kylee, I told you that would happen"

Morale of the story.. listen to your roomates.

2nd Morale of the story.. stay away from popcorn

3rd morale of the story.. don't try to be cool and live like you were part of the olden days..


Oh, and quick lesson of the day for you.. if boys want to cook you lunch and they get this grand idea to feed you roman noodles with tuna in it.. kindly come up with an excuse; like I already ate, or I forgot I have a test right now.... I would then leave the premisis as quickly as you can.... just a tip..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahaha o ky!! Why do these things happen to you? Hope your roommates ok! I'm laughing so hard

Joey & Lara said...

hahahah Ky you made my day!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Sick! Ramen and tuna soup??!!

Anonymous said...

love you Kylee remember, use cooking oil next time, never use butter when you pop popcorn