CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Breakin.. and the simple joys in my life :)





What a fun week.. I don't even know where to begin.. my thoughts are so scattered! All I can say is that I had the absolute time of my life.
To start off with I went to Hurricane with a bunch of my friends; jared, garrett, garrick, rob, lindsay, amanda, mandy, and me. Lindsay lives in the cutest house, and all the girls stayed there, and all the guys stayed at Rob's sisters house who also lives in hurricane. It was so fun, on the way down I got to stop and see my great grandma Bird in Salina and that was such a treat! I love being around her. We did everything from bonfires, temple, visitors center, talk until two in the morning, hike zion's, eat, visit the boys friends in St. George, drive, sing, church, bbq.. and just laugh until our stomachs hurt! :) It was so fun to catch up with old friends, and realize some things never change.. I love that. and I also love how we can just pick up right where we all left off. This group of people have been there through it all here at Snow college, and I am so grateful for them.
So we did that from Friday night until Tuesday morning, and then.. I got to see SHAY!!!! whoot whoot! It was so much fun hanging out with her. Oh man, she is such a breath of fresh air. And her sense of humor had me rolling on the floor laughing. Ah! It was so much fun to see her cute house and how she decorated. Dixon and Shay are so cute together, and their home is just so welcoming. If you haven't gotten a chance to stop by make sure you do soon. Me and Shay got to go on a picnic, run, laugh, watch movies, and just catch up with each other. Shay is the only person who just knows me inside out. She knows what I am thinking, even if I don't exactly know what I am thinking. She gets excited for me over the simplest things.. and she just makes me want to become a better person whenever I am around her!
I got to stay there until Wednsday afternoon and then on my way home I stopped by my friend Nate's house and had dinner with his cute family! It was almost a dream that night was.. it was just so much fun! His oldest brother is an artist, and so we got to go to one of his art shows, and that was definately something I had never got to do before.. what a blast! and after we went for ice cream.. the yummiest ice cream I have ever had.. I forgot the name of that place though.
On thursday I went and took my mom to lunch. I hope when I grow up I will live close to her.. so that we can do that often! IT was fun to be with my mom's first grade class... and just learn from all of them. After that me and Nate doubled with his cousin and his cousin's feonce. (is that how you spell that?) and we made cookies and burnt most of them.. haha. but it was so much fun.. ducks must like burnt food because they ate all the burnt cookies. :) time sure flies when you are having fun! After that me and my good friend Clarissa went to an opera at capital theatre. I must say this was a first for me! I have never been to an opera. But, it was the funnest time.. and one of the funniest play type thing that I have ever seen! :)
On Friday I got to go to lunch and shopping with my best friend from high school, Jasmine. And I just love her so much. It was so fun to catch up and just spend the day laughing and hearing stories. She is truly someone whom I admire. aah! that was so fun! That night I just got to play with my family! What a joy! I miss them so much when I am at school!
On Saturday I got to go to Landon's basketball game.. holy cow he is good.. and so tall! that night we went to dinner to celebrate my grandma Kathy's final chemo treatment! whoo hoo! She is such a trooper.. and I love her so much. Her sense of humor, faith, and laughter is such a blessing in my life. On saturday night my good friend Heidi Nilsen came over and we went and saw Bride Wars, which was funny, and it was just so fun to be in the presence of such a good friend! Heid just turned in her mission papers.. and is leaving soon! whoo.. I am so excited for her.
On Sunday I got to wake up to banana nut pancakes that my dad made.. oh my can you say heaven on earth?! and then we all went on a nice morning walk. Elder Oaks came and spoke with our stake, and I was just amazed at the spirit and the wonderful testimony that he bore. I am so grateful for that opportunity to be in his presence and to feel of his love for us and this gospel. I know this church is true! It was so fun for dinner my grandma and grandpa silcox came and Nate came and Heidi came! It was so fun to have everyone there.
Wow, what a long entree! But what a fun week, i am missing it already! But getting ready for the final five weeks of school! Five weeks.. can you believe it?! Boy, time sure flies!


4 comments:

Clarissa Findlay said...

Ky! You sure did have an awesome fun week! I'm so glad you were able to spend some time with me! The opera was pretty funny and it was a first for me too. I just love being with you. I always have sore cheeks after because we smile and laugh so much. Thanks for being my friend and such a great example to me in my life! Luv ya!

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to see you!

heidi said...

I miss you!! This past month has been so much fun with seeing you so often!! Thanks for such a fun weekend! I just love you

Jack said...

hahaha. ky i am glad that you spell like me. lol fiancee is how its spelled. But that is like the only word i know how to spell. I can't even sound out words, that is how good i am. lol... there is one person you still need to come and see... or let me come see you...